So as well as the new iPad being launched, iOS 5.1 has also been released.
When I first read the new features I wasn't that impressed, overall it seems small improvements except for one highlighted in bold below. You can now delete photos from Photo Stream. I feel this is one fetaure that should of been there from the start. As it stood before if you want to remove a photo from the photo stream you would have to get rid off all the photos and start again.
Below are the new features of the new operating system, as displayed when you carry out the upgrade.
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
- Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad
- Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
- Audio for TV programmes and films on iPad optimised to sound louder and clearer
- Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30-second rewind for iPad
- Addresses bugs affecting battery life
- Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
I am always interested in your thoughts so if you have any comments or feedback then please feel free to add any comments, or you can mail me here.
As mentioned by the comment on the post, since the upgrade to iOS 5.1 I am finding the camera shortcut on the homepage to be a good feature, now when I went to take a picture I don't have to go through my passcode, then open the camera etc, now just one button and it's loaded ready for me to take the shot. I have noticed improved battery life since the upgrade as well.