Recently I was watching some videos from Macworld about omnifocus. I love the app and use it all the time. There was a tip on there about setting up a clipping shortcut, so when you type this key combination, it will place your items directly into your inbox, great I thought, I never knew that and that could really help me out.
When ever I tried to create the combo I wanted, I always get the message.
Mac OS X requires restarting other applications before they will use the new keyboard shortcut.
This kept happening, no matter what applications, I shut down and restarted etc, after a brief search on google, I found the answer to resolve this.
The steps you need to take are:
1. Go into System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Keyboard Shortcuts -> Services.
2. Scroll down and Find the OmniFocus: Send to Inbox entry.
3. *Uncheck* the box beside the entry.
4. Close System Preferences.
5. Open OmniFocus and go to Preferences - Clipping.
6. Enter the shortcut you prefer (ctrl + option + command + c for me).
I am always interested in feedback so feel free to add any comments here, also if you would like to submit a quick tip with full credit and links back to your site then also feel free to contact me.