I was just on my iMac and noticed Safari have just released 5.1.4. Reading on Apple Insider they say the Java script performance has improved by 11%. Personally I am just glad I can update Safari now without having to reboot my machine. I am still confused that the update was 46Mb, but it told me I needed 1.5gb to download and install it, seems a tad excessive.
The official details of the update are
Safari 5.1.4 contains improvements to performance, stability, compatibility, and security, including changes that:
- Improve responsiveness when typing into the search field after changing network configurations or with an intermittent network connection
- Address an issue that could cause webpages to flash white when switching between Safari windows
- Address issues that prevented printing U.S. Postal Service shipping labels and embedded PDFs
- Preserve links in PDFs saved from webpages
- Fix an issue that could make Flash content appear incomplete after using gesture zooming
- Fix an issue that could cause the screen to dim while watching HTML5 video
- Improve stability, compatibility and startup time when using extensions
- Allow cookies set during regular browsing to be available after using Private Browsing
- Fix an issue that could cause some data to be left behind after pressing the “Remove All Website Data” button
For detailed information on this update, please visit this site: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5142
For detailed information on the security content of this update, please visit this site: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
I am always interested in your thoughts so if you have any comments or feedback then please feel free to add any comments, or you can mail me here.